They are my latest obsession and I just can't get enough! I know it's true love - because the time between ordering them online, and them arriving on my doorstep - i experience absolutely NO buyers remorse! I love the look, the feel and the mood that is created by a stack of books that are placed in just the right place.
Your book choices are an easy way to help shape the style of your home, but they should also reflect your interests. Lets face it, they aren't always cheap, and they need to be practical as well as pretty.Finally - we CAN judge a book by it's cover!
They don't always have to be purchased brand new, from your favourite book store or online. Lets talk location, location, location:
Op-Shops: Some of my prettiest pieces have been vintage finds sourced from op-shops and bargain centers. Removing the dust jacket can expose the most gorgeous linen spine with gold foil writing, you just have to look a little deeper than the worn and torn dust jacket (thanks to the amazing Shilah from @shilahsirois who reminded me of this!).
DIY: Find an old book, and show it some lovin'. Nope, you don't have to wine and dine it, but if you are into a little bit of DIY, you can completely transform an old book into something amazing with some chalk paint, some gorgeous linen or even wallpaper scraps.Recently, In Aoife's room reveal which was featured in Minty Magazine, I found some 50c books from a local op shop and covered them in different shades of pink linen. A pretty yet very simple addition to her space.
Online: You guys know I LOVE The Book Depository. They always stock the latest titles, generally have some pretty major discounts off your favourite titles and offer free shipping word wide. They are my go-to and first port of call when I am looking for new coffee table pieces of books for Aoife's room.
So what books can i NOT LIVE WITHOUT? Here they are! (I've popped links through to where i purchased them, but do let me know if you have found somewhere other than here, you know that's the kind of information i NEED to know about!
1. Chanel 3. Hardback. Francois Baudot & Francois Aveline
2. It. Hardback. Alexa Chung
3. Elements of Style. Hardback. Erin T. Gates.
4. Christian Louboutin. Hardback. Christian Louboutin & Phillipe Garcia.
5. Tom Ford. Hardback. Tom Ford & Bridget Foley.
6. Valentino: Themes and Variations. Hardback. Pamela Golbin.
7. Chanel Catwalk. Hardback. Patrick Mauries.
8. All in Good Taste. Hardback. Kate Spade New York.
9. Cupcakes and Cashmere At Home. Hardback. Emily Schuman.
10. The Little Book of Fashion. Hardback. Christian Dior.
11. Chanel: Collections & Creations. Hardcover. Daniele Bott.
12. Oscar De La Renta. Hardback. Andre Leon Talley.